Free meditation classes
We are currently offering beginner courses at Roosevelt Park Recreation Centre , which is situated at the corner of Preller Drive and Anton van Vouw St in Roosevelt Park (Randburg) near Northcliff.
Here are the details of our upcoming “learn to meditate” courses:
Mondays, 26 September, 3, 10, 17 October; 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm
Saturday, 1 October 2016, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturday, 5 November 2016, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Mondays, 7, 14, 21, 28 November; 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm
Saturday, 26 November 2016, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Our four-part Monday evening courses (Options 1 and 4) offer participants the chance to learn to meditate over a period of 4 weeks with regular practice meditations and Q and A sessions. New topics are covered each week and you will therefore gain most benefit from this course if you attend all sessions. However it is fine to start the classes in the second session if you have missed the first session.
Our single-session Saturday afternoon courses offer a compact introduction to meditation for those who live faraway or who are not able to attend during the week.
Details of optional follow-on classes will be provided at the conclusion of each course.
All of our courses are offered free of charge, but prior registration is recommended. To register and for further information, please SMS or phone us on 072-541-3327 (Balarka), 082-376-4848 (Shree), 060-420-4640 (Penny), or alternatively complete our contact form.
What do our meditation courses cover?
- The ABC’s of meditation
- Concentration and techniques to still the mind
- Music and meditation
- Mantras and creative visualisations
- Starting and maintaining a daily practice
- The spiritual journey
What form of meditation do we teach?
- Our workshops are founded on the teachings of Sri Chinmoy.
- We cover a range of meditation techniques (mantras, music, breathing, etc.), but focus primarily on meditation in the spiritual heart.
- We hope to provide participants with a genuine experience of meditation through simple, straightforward exercises.
- Our courses are not based on a religion but simply the idea that meditation can allow us to explore our own deeper nature.
As the countless drops
Of the boundless ocean
Or the myriad leaves
Of a huge banyan tree
Peacefully remain side by side,
Even so, all human beings
Will someday live side by side
In a perfect oneness-world.
About our meditation classes
We take our classes as a golden opportunity of be of service to the world at large and for this reason we never charge for any of our classes, beginner or advanced.
Our many courses share a simple goal—to provide the skills that will enable each participant to personally discover the many benefits of meditation and in this way to contribute to a more peaceful world.
- Meet the Course Instructors
- Sri Chinmoy Centre meditation classes in Joburg / Jhb
- Meditation classes in Cape Town
Learn to meditate in Johannesburg jhb – Diepsloot, Kya Sand, Randburg, Rosebank, Emmarentia, Greenside, Melville, Northcliff, Rosebank, Parktown, Parktown North, Roodepoort, Constantia Kloof, Northgate, Doornkop, Soweto, Dobsonville, Protea Glen, Alexandra, Wynberg, Sandton, Inner City, Orange Farm, Ennerdale, Lenasia.