We are currently running classes at the Field and Study Centre in Parkmore, Sandton. Our next four-part course will begin on Saturday, 4 November 2023 at 11:00am with subsequent sessions on the following three Saturdays. Each class will be approximately 1.5 hours long. Please note:
– All courses are free throughout
– Registration is recommended as space is limited
– Please try to attend all sessions
– If you are unable to make the first session, you are welcome to begin in the second session
– Details of a free continuation programme will be provided at the end of the course
– Please dress comfortably and warmly
To register or for more information, please contact Penny on 060-420-4640, or Shree on 082-376-4848. Thank you!!
Through meditation, we learn to calm the mind and become more receptive to our own inner divinity. When practised regularly, meditation brings inner peace, wellbeing and an inner happiness that is not dependent on outer circumstances.
Whether you have never tried meditation before, or you are looking for ways to expand or deepen your existing meditation practice, our classes will provide you with simple and practical tips that will bring insight and inspiration to this essential life skill. All our courses are offered in a friendly, informal environment by instructors with many years of both teaching and personal meditation experience.
At our Saturday classes, we present practical meditation tips and guided exercises covering a range of meditation techniques. New topics are covered each week. The classes are informal and we try our best to support you as you establish or re-invigorate your daily meditation practice or meditation journey. You are warmly invited to attend as many classes as you like.
What do our meditation courses cover?
- Getting started – breathing, posture, etc.
- Meditation techniques – concentration, mantras, creative visualisations, heart meditation
- Music and meditation – the power of music.
- How to make meditation a part of your daily routine.
- How to meditate well – going beyond the basics to deepen and strengthen your practice.
- Meditation in action – work as a form of meditation.
- Sports and meditation – using meditation to clear the mind and focus the body’s natural capacity.
- Meditation and spirituality – prayer and meditation, building a relationship with your inner divinity.
What form of meditation do we teach?
- We cover a range of meditation techniques (breathing, mantras, music, creative visualisations, meditation in the spiritual heart, etc.).
- Our courses are largely based on the teachings of Sri Chinmoy.
- We hope to provide participants with a genuine experience of meditation through simple, straightforward exercises.
- Our courses are not based on a religion but simply the idea that meditation can allow us to explore our own deeper nature.