Covid-19 (updated February 2021) – due to the pandemic, we are not currently running any indoor classes. In the meantime, we are running outdoor classes at Delta Park (Randburg) as and when there is sufficient demand (and weather permitting). If you are interested, please contact us on 073-996-0471 (Balarka), 060-420-4640 (Penny), or 082-376-4848 (Shree). Alternatively, please fill in our contact page and let us know your preference (indoor or outdoor classes). We will then contact you as soon as we have new classes planned. Thank you!!
Through meditation, we learn to calm the mind and become more receptive to our own inner divinity. When practised regularly, meditation brings inner peace, wellbeing and an inner happiness that is not dependent on outer circumstances.
Whether you have never tried meditation before, or you are looking for ways to expand or deepen your existing meditation practice, our courses will provide you with simple and practical tips that will bring insight and inspiration to this essential life skill. All our courses are offered in a friendly, informal environment by instructors with many years of both teaching and personal meditation experience.
We usually offer courses at Roosevelt Park Recreation Centre , which is situated at the corner of Preller Drive and Anton van Vouw St in Roosevelt Park (Randburg) near Northcliff. However, we do run courses at other venues from time to time, so please check our website regularly if Roosevelt Park Recreation Centre does not suit you. Venue suggestions are also welcome.
Our weeknight evening courses offer participants the chance to learn to meditate over a period of 4 weeks with regular practice meditations and Q and A sessions. New topics are covered each week and you will therefore gain most benefit from this course if you attend all sessions.
Our single-session Saturday afternoon courses offer a compact introduction to meditation for those who live faraway or who are not able to attend during the week.
Details of optional follow-on classes will be provided at the conclusion of each course.
All our courses are offered free of charge, but prior registration is recommended. To register and for further information, please SMS or phone us on 060-420-4640 (Penny), or 073-996-0471 (Balarka), or 082-376-4848 (Shree).
What do our meditation courses cover?
- Getting started – breathing, posture, etc.
- Meditation techniques – concentration, mantras, creative visualisations, heart meditation
- Music and meditation – the power of music.
- How to make meditation a part of your daily routine.
- How to meditate well – going beyond the basics to deepen and strengthen your practice.
- Meditation in action – work as a form of meditation.
- Sports and meditation – using meditation to clear the mind and focus the body’s natural capacity.
- Meditation and spirituality – prayer and meditation, building a relationship with your inner divinity.
What form of meditation do we teach?
- We cover a range of meditation techniques (breathing, mantras, music, creative visualisations, meditation in the spiritual heart, etc.).
- Our courses are largely based on the teachings of Sri Chinmoy.
- We hope to provide participants with a genuine experience of meditation through simple, straightforward exercises.
- Our courses are not based on a religion but simply the idea that meditation can allow us to explore our own deeper nature.